5 Rules Of Summer | Life With A Toddler
SUMMER is here! Time for watermelon, sand between your toes, and hopefully not go into heat stroke from the toddler who has attached themselves to your body like a leach even if it's 101 degrees out. Summer to me as a kid used to mean a break from school schedules and routines... As a pregnant mama to a toddler living in Florida? Summer means it's too effing hot to go play at the playground which means my kid will be #teamnonap by noon. So...I'll go sit my butt in the kiddy pool on the patio and pretend I don't need a nap myself. I've put together this list of 5 things we are living by this summer & a few of our favorite summer items :)
"Aaah, summer - that long anticipated stretch of lazy, lingering days, free of responsibility and rife with possibility. It's a time to hunt for insects, master handstands, practice swimming strokes, conquer trees, explore nooks and crannies, and make new friends." - Darell Hammond *This Post includes affiliate links*
1. Splash What is a little summer fun without some poolside time or better yet the beach! Or even bring back the basics and run around under the garden hose. Plan some time to play in the water outside. Soak up the vitamin D and have FUN. Enjoy the beautiful weather (unless you are pregnant and live in FL then I recommend hiding).
Shop our FAVORITE pool float! Mattie LOVES this float. It's the only one so far I've found that doesn't allow her to tip forward as much. We have two of them now!
2. Be Messy Let your kids dig into that juicy watermelon! Let them play in the dirt. Plan some finger painting fun outside. Ignore the dishes for a day. Summer is a time for fun don't worry so much about all the little things.
Shop some non-toxic finger paint! Endless hours of MESSY fun!
3. Make Memories Soak in all the chaos! Take lots of pictures (and don't forget to print them!). Plan to spend time with family and friends *with food*. Watch your babies explore and try new things. Allow yourself to be mesmerized by their wonder of the world (and slightly terrified by their lack of fear and speed)
Shop the BEST on the go diaper bag! This bag holds so much and is perfect to hold everything you need for a day of FUN out of the house.
4. Explore Become a tourist in your own town. Find a new park. Go on a nature walk. Plan small manageable adventures the entire family can enjoy! And don't forget to pack snacks because nobody wants a hangry toddler OR momma bear.
Any explorer needs a baby carrier! This baby carrier is perfect for toddlers as it allows them to face all kinds of different ways and is SAFE for their hips! Lightweight for summer. We use this everyday!
5. Snuggle Remember to take some downtime too. Snuggle up with some books or their favorite movie you probably don't want to watch ever again, because you've seen it one million times. Take in all the little details of the beautiful little terrors they are and don't blink because they grow up FAST.
Shop Mattie's FAVORITE book. Not only do I know all the words but I hear them at night when I go to sleep! It's a really cute little story (the first few times)
Hope you enjoyed this post! Don't forget to LIKE comment & subscribe. Until next time, over and out.